LEARN TO SURF
Fancy learning to surf right here on the Llyn Peninsular? Here in Abersoch, North Wales we have been running surf lessons for over 15 years for beginners and intermediates who need a few tips to head in the right direction. Put on a wetsuit, grab a board, head to the beach and get surfing! Riding the waves is one of the most exhilarating watersports around plus you don't need a speedboat, jetski or powered watercraft, just the awesome power of the ocean's waves. At Offaxis you will get the tuition you need to enable you
to quickly get the maximum enjoyment from surfing.
Our beginner lesson starts at the shop in Abersoch where a group of budding surfers get kitted up and ready to go. We reconvene at Hells Mouth beach where you grab a board from our van and head down to the beach. We'll start by educating you about beach safety and by the end of the session aim to have you standing up and surfing white water with confidence. Our instructors have been surfing these breaks on these beaches for years and have the know-how to help you get the most out of your lesson!
Offaxis also offer intermediate/progression lessons; These are private sessions where individuals or small groups (up to 3 people) spend an hour with our expert instructor taking their surfing to the next level. Our experience and knowledge of the local breaks and weather conditions will ensure you are taught in the most suitable location for your standard.
- All instructors are RLSS qualified Beach Lifeguards
- Emphasis on personalised surfing tuition in small groups
- All ages, genders and sizes welcome (minimum age 9yrs)
- All participants to be fit and capable of a 50 metre swim in open water
- Extensive local area knowledge for confidence and safety.
- Up-to-date equipment and kit for ease of learning
- Please not we only run lessons when the conditions are right for surfing